Are you interested in sociology?
Do you want to meet interesting professors?
Do you want to discuss current social issues and get involved with events?
Check out SES!
Student Empowerment in Sociology (SES) is the premier sociology club at the Storrs campus. It provides an opportunity to dip your toe into sociology, the department, and even an opportunity to build meaningful relationships with your peers and faculty. Started by sociology students, for sociology students, SES is a club open to all. Though there are many leadership opportunities, students are encouraged to participate as often or as little as they desire. SES is really designed to enhance students’ sociology careers through meaningful events and discussions. SES is open to students of all majors.
2021-2022 SES Executive Board:
- President: Cameron Klemme (email@example.com)
- Vice-President: Jasmine Tran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: Jaydel Hernandez (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Liliana Lorenzo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Liaison Officer: Niko Xenophontos (email@example.com)
Current SES Projects:
- UConn’s Undergraduate Sociology Journal, The Mirror
- An Undergraduate Research Project
- Meetings with graduate students and graduating undergraduate students
Meetings are usually held Thursdays from 7-8 pm, in
Manchester Hall Room 328: everyone and anyone is welcome!
(or any of the officers’ emails) to get involved/ask us any questions!
The editorial team for the aforementioned undergraduate Sociology journal,
The Mirror, composed of both members and officers of SES!